In this blog post, you will be exploring how to open null file on different platforms. For example, Windows, Mac OS, iPhone/iPad, and Android.
There are 3 easy methods of opening a null file on windows. We have included all three ways in this article. Moreover, you can also open null files on your Mac, iPhone, and Android. In this guide, you will find the ways to open it on these devices as well.
So, let’s start with getting to know what is a null file?
What is a null file?
A null file is a file that is affected by the Null Virus. The null virus is a variant of Djvu and Stop ransomware. These viruses were widespread in the August of 2017. Because a null file is encrypted with an AES-256 algorithm, hence, it cannot be opened by just changing the .null file extension.
Null files can occur across many different devices, such as mobile phones, computers, etc.
If you try to open a null file on the desktop, it will show you the following message. Windows cannot open this file: example.null To open the NULL file, Windows needs to know which program you want to use to open it …. Because there is no standard, specification, or format that covers null files.
Why open a null file?
Keeping the above-mentioned fact into consideration, many people think about why they should open a null file.
Well, to be honest, there is not much of a requirement to open these files. However, why not give it try?
Maybe it results to be helpful in the future!
How to Open Null File on Windows? – 3 Easy Ways
As discussed earlier, null files can happen across many devices. But there is a greater chance for null files to appear on windows computers. Hence, here are 3 easy ways through which you can learn how to open null file on windows. Have a look!
1. Open Null File with a Text Editor
Follow these steps to open a null file with a text editor.
- Right-click on your null file.
- Select open with.
- Choose the notepad app to open the file.
In the notepad, you will see all the corrupted data trapped inside the null file.
2. The Universal File Viewer
Opening a null file with the help of a universal file viewer is much easy. All you need to do is download a third-party universal file viewer and open the null file by selecting the universal file viewer app.
3. Asking the Developer
This method is for those who think this is viable for those. The software developing company will guide you on opening the null file safely. Or even in some cases, they can also provide you with the appropriate tool as well.
How to open null files on Mac OS?
Follow the given steps to open a null file in Mac OS.
- Look for the NULL file in Mac OS Finder, and double-click on it to open it.
- When you will try to open the null file, it will tell you that “There is no app to open this file” at this moment click on “Search App Store” in the dialogue box. It will take you to the appropriate apps.
- If you can tell which app can open the null file, you can select the “Choose Application…” option in the error box to use that app for opening the null file. After that open the null file.
- However, if you cannot tell which app can open null files, simply search “NULL file opener app” or related quey on the internet.
- Then, install any of the shown apps. And check whether it could open the NULL file or not.
How do I open null files on my iPhone?
Opening a null file on your iPhone is also easy. Follow the steps.
- First, go to the Files app on your iPhone.
- Then, locate the NULL file there and try to open it by touching on it.
- If you have the proper app installed on your iPhone, then it will open it automatically.
- However, if there is not any such app that can open the Null file. Then, try searching for any NULL file on the Apple App store, and try installing one of them.
- If your NULL file still does not open, then, it may be possible that the file can be only opened using a desktop.
How to open null files on Android?
If you want to open null files on android, then check out this easy method.
- First, go to the File Manager or My Files app.
- Then, head towards the Download folder.
- Inside the Downloads folder, you will see the NULL file that you want to open.
- Now, try to open the NULL file by simply touching on it.
- If you have the appropriate app installed on your Android that can open the NULL file, then it will simply open the file.
- However, if there is no app installed that can access the NULL file, then try searching NULL File Opener in the Google Play Store.
- Install any app that you think can be appropriate for opening the desired file.
- After installing the app try again to open the NULL file.
- Hopefully, it will open the file. However, if it still does not open, then it may be only opened on a computer. Or maybe the file you want to open is outdated.
The Bottom Line
You have successfully learned how to open null file easily in Windows, Mac OS, iPhone, and Android. Now you will be able to know what kind of data is trapped inside that fishy virus-infected NULL file.